(PT- 4 days a week, 20 hours/wk)
This position is set up to teach math at varying levels for 7th-10th grade. Teaching would happen 4 days a week. Courses taught for the 2021-2022 year include Basic Mathematics or Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, and Geometry. Expertise in these fields is necessary for adequate learning. This includes 12 hours of instruction and 8 hours of prep, meetings, and student availability.
Teacher Job Description
We are searching for self-motivated and experienced Teachers to join our qualified team of educators. As a Teacher, you will be responsible for cultivating the students’ interest in education and development. Your responsibilities will include grading assignments, evaluating students’ progress, and planning educational activities.
You should be a competent professional with in-depth knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational processes. In addition to having excellent written and verbal communication skills, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate outstanding presentation and interpersonal abilities.
Additionally, we require that all our educators and staff be followers of Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord. Candidates will be in agreement with the school’s statement of faith and will live it out in front of the students and in all aspects of curriculum and activities.
- Develop and issue educational content including notes, tests, and assignments.
- Supervise classes to ensure all students are learning in a safe and productive environment.
- Organize supplies and resources for lectures and presentations.
- Deliver personalized instruction to each student by encouraging interactive learning.
- Plan and implement educational activities and events.
- Ensure your classroom or supplies are clean and orderly.
- Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports and quarterly grades.
- Attend parent-teacher meetings if needed.
- Evaluate and document students’ progress.
- Allocate and grade homework, assignments, and tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Teaching or relevant field of expertise.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a teacher strongly recommended.
- In-depth knowledge of teaching methods and legal educational procedures.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized with excellent leadership abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Believer in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.